I’ve been eating lots of kale this week ever since I realized I like it as salad greens.
Found these baby kale greens at Whole Paycheck. Little baby kale–so cute! And healthy. I figured I couldn’t go wrong.
I have realized many people avoid avocados because of the higher fat content and calories. Seriously? Do not worry. The avocado is loaded with plenty of heart health monounsaturated fats, and half an avocado is only 150 calories. This is not bad at all. Don’t forget, the greens are very low calorie. The only other significant calorie source is the dressing. So, when you have avocado, go lighter on the dressing.
Then there were some nutrition failures this weekend:
Sorry for the back focused picture. Terrible, but I had to hurry because we were rushing to go and ice cream was about to drip all over my hand. No time for blogging photos!
Psycho Holiday Baker (my Mom) was craving some ice cream after Costco shopping, and I really did not want any part of that massive ice cream cup. Really, it is so large–Costco style. I cringed at the thought of all that sugar. But, I rarely turn down ice cream, and my Mom was going to feel guilty if I didn’t join here.
Now, time for menu planning Monday:
- Roasted brussels sprouts kabobs from Pure Vegetarian
- Blueberry coconut breakfast cookies from Kumquat
- Stuft protein cookie from Stuft Mama
- Hummus turkey lettuce wrap from Sheer Luxe
- Sriracha avocado deviled eggs from The Perfect Pantry
- Going to make a slightly healthier monkey bread this week (creating my own recipe)