I don’t care that much about the Valentine’s Day holiday, but I think there can be some super cute food creations. I have compiled a list of recipe ideas from around the blogosphere for all of you pink and red holiday lovers.
- Skinny Chocolate Cakes from SkinnyTaste
- Meyer Lemon Bread with Blood Orange Glaze from EatLiveRun. FYI, eating blood oranges has been shown to support weight loss.
- Chocolate Fudge S’mores Cakes in a Mug from HowSweetEats
- Healthier Valentine’s Themed Snacks from CraftBerryBush
- Heart Shaped Eggs for Breakfast
- Egg Salad Sandwiches from DesignsbyGollum
- Heart Shaped Fruit Kabobs from Parents.com
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels. Inspiration photo here and here.
- Martha Stewart Heart Shaped Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Heart Shaped Cupcakes or Cake Pops!
- Just because it sounds delish: Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes with Bailey’s from NookandPantry
There you go! Some healthier and some more decadent recipe ideas. Do you have any favorites?
You can read about some of my fav healthy dark chocolates here and about why dark chocolate can be healthy.