I was scrolling through my phone pictures trying to decide what recipe I made recently that has been super tasty, and I came across the turkey burger! This is not a new NEW recipe, but I made the burger differently this time, and it came out even tastier. I wouldn’t really even call this a “burger” because I do not eat it with a bun. It is so good and very moist that I eat it by itself with some veggies. And, it cooks very quickly!
The Best Turkey Burger
- 1 pound very lean ground turkey breast (99%)
- avocado oil (about 2 Tbsp)
- 1/4 cup brown rice or rice bread crumbs (I used Udi’s brand bread crumbs)
- 1 egg
- “steak or chop” seasoning (contains garlic powder, onion powder, dry Worcestershire, salt, pepper)
- 1 tsp. onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Preheat a grill pan over the stove top and brush generously with avocado oil (this helps to create perfect grill marks and keep moist)
- Meanwhile, combine the turkey with the remaining ingredients. Your mixture should still be fairly moist. Split into 4 round patties.
- Place raw burgers on the heated grill pan and cook about 4 minutes per side until cooked through.
Serve with a veggie or 100% whole grain bun on your choice (check for no preservatives, and sprouted grains are even better, or if you need, choose a brown rice bread).
I made some quick zucchini (organic) to go with it. All you do it chop into chunks, add basil/oregano/garlic/onion flake/salt/pepper, add a splash of vinaigrette dressing. Then, saute while your burgers cook, and it is done! If you need, you can de-glaze the pan with balsamic vinegar before finishing cooking.