I just love Thanksgiving. Lots of delicious food, a good family dinner, my Dad always has good wine (post about good wines for Thanksgiving–hint, hint), and this year I am going to run a 5K in the morning. Since I blog about food, over the next few days I am going to post about some delicious, healthy, some not-so-healthy recipes for Thanksgiving.
Let’s begin with Thanksgiving appetizer ideas that I have found:
- Pumpkin Cheeseballs and Pumpkin Pie Dip
- EatingWell’s Sweet Potato Tart
- Ellie Krieger’s Crab Salad in Wonton Cups
- Simple Mini Brie Bites
- Giada’s Mini Stuffed Mushrooms
- Pinecone Almond Crackers
- Festive Turkey Cream Cheese Sandwiches
- Vegan Party Mix
- Sweet Potato Spread
- Ina Garten’s Rosemary Roasted Cashews– Mr Triathlete makes nuts like these, and they are sooo good!
Thanksgiving last year:
We had a huge turkey as always. My Mom always tries to buy the biggest turkey that will barely fit in the oven. Silly. One year the turkey collapsed the roasting pan!
My brother and sister being silly as usual.
Nala, watching for scraps at dinner…
And after dinner, we must have had too much energy because we found ourselves dancing to Britney Spears. Even my Dad joined in! Hilarious.