Costco sells these frozen little mini lobster tail bites. Mr. Cyclist came up with this recipe idea, and it was fantastic. Definitely something we will make again. Good flavor, and pretty easy!
Mini Lobster Pasta
- 8 oz. (half a box) of whole wheat pasta (used linguine in this recipe)
- 1 whole head of garlic, chopped (depends on your preference)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- pinch of pepper
- 1.5-2 cups mini lobster, defrosted
- 1, ~24 oz. jar mild tomato basil pasta sauce (look for a natural one if you can)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the butter and olive oil. Allow to melt. Next, add the garlic and shallot. Cook about 2 minutes to soften.
- Add the defrosted mini lobster, and seasoning. Stir on medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer 1 more minute.
- Add the entire jar of pasta sauce, and stir to combine. Heat to a simmer on low.
- When the pasta is done, add the pasta to the large sauce and lobster saute pan. Stir to combine. Serve warm!
No cheese for this pasta recipe. If you like, you could garnish with fresh parsley or basil. We ate the meal with half a plate of vegetables: lightly roasted broccoli with a little cheese. Keep your plate balanced and stay feeling full with the half plate vegetable rule! Yummy.