OK, these are not really “fries”, but something that resembles a fried zucchini strip. I have seen these all over Pinterest, and many still call them fries, but food the foot critic out there: they are not true fries. A simpler, easy zucchini fries recipe.
They are super easy to make, and a great way to eat your vegetables without a lot of extra ingredients. They had great texture and taste delicious!
- 3 zucchini, rinsed, and patted dry
- About 3 oz. grated/shredded Pecorino Romano cheese (you could also use Parmesan)
- Olive oil to coat the pan
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Dried onion or shallot flakes
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Slice the zucchini like the picture shows below.
- Arrange on baking sheet. Sprinkle with seasonings (do not add cheese yet).
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Add the cheese liberally. I shredded my cheese right on top of the zucchini.
- Place under broiler until it becomes golden brown–almost crispy.
Then, enjoy with dinner 🙂