These pumpkin bars are super duper easy and loaded with pumpkin, banana, and nut butter. Nutritous and delicious! They are very moist as well. Kind of like a gooey brownie consistency.
The best part is that I don’t feel guilty eating them since there is very little “bad stuff”. Just 2 Tbsp added sugar, and a very small amount of flour (I used gluten free). The rest is loaded with nutrients including fiber and vitamin A from the pumpkin puree!
Lower Sugar Pumpkin Bars
Makes 9 bars (using an 8×8 baking dish)
- Approx half a can pumpkin puree (about 1/2-3/4 cup)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3 Tbsp nut butter of your choice (I used 1 Tbsp peanut butter, and 2 Tbsp sunflower seed butter)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp real sugar of choice (coconut sugar or brown sugar or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp stevia
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour (I used a gluten free baking mix–if you are not gluten free, you can use your choice of flour)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Mix all of your wet ingredients first: nut butter, pumpkin, banana, egg. Then stir in your sugar.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients. Stir until combined. Consistency should be like brownie batter. If it needs to be thicker, add a pinch more flour mix. If it needs to be more moist, add a little more pumpkin. Pour into an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Bake about 20 minutes. Check by inserting a knife in the middle to see if it comes out clean. If so, you are done! Remove from the oven and cool.
Here is my little Instagram video of the quick process!