I have been MIA in the blogging world the past week because I have been in full-swing wedding planning mode. Yep, I’m getting hitched. Perfect time to talk about being healthy and fit. Haha. I won’t bore you with details, but wedding planning does take up a good chunk of time… so I was happy to come home one day to this super tasty szechuan peppercorn salmon. It is my new favorite recipe! It’s a little spicy, but has a unique flavor from the peppercorns (you can buy the peppercorns at a larger grocery store like Whole Paycheck–I got mine from a large farmer’s market).
They are the ones that look a little pink/dark red in color. You can even order them online if you don’t want to pick them up from the store!
Szechuan Peppercorn Salmon
- 1 filet of salmon (or about the amount pictured above)
Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4-1/2 tsp szechuan peppercorns, ground
- 1-1.5 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 3.5-4 Tbsp. roasted red chili paste
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Meanwhile, mix your marinade.
- Place your salmon on a baking sheet or baking dish and coat with marinade. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until cooked medium-well.
We had some salad and edamame to go with it.