I am going to make some vegan recipes this year for Thanksgiving, and it has got my family raising their eyebrows. They don’t seem to understand.
When you say vegan, a lot of people think, “eww… gross”. But, this is not the case. Just because something doesn’t have milk or butter or eggs… or meat doesn’t mean it is nasty.
I am not vegan, but I also want to show them that they can enjoy all types of food, and want them to expand their taste horizons!
Vegan Thanksgiving Recipe Round-Up from around The Blogosphere:
- Spicy sweet potato hummus from One Green Planet
- Stuffed pesto mushrooms from Clean Green Simple
- White bean dip from Martha Stewart
- Carrot mousse from Choosing Raw
- Stuffed acorn squash with wheat berries and pine nuts from One Green Planet
- Lentil loaf from Dinner Tool
- Vegan pumpkin chestnut stuffing from Babble
- Mushroom loaf from Addicted to Veggies
- Sauteed shallot and fennel green bean casserole from Veganize
- Vegan rolls from Oh She Glows
- Chickpea cutlet from Post Punk Kitchen
- Apple tartlets with salted caramel (not vegan, but could easily make) from Family Style Food
- Sweet potato casserole from Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
- Pecan pie truffles from NY Times Well Blog (can easily make vegan)
- Pumpkin pie chia parfait from Oh She Glows
You can find more ideas on my Pinterest board here!
Do you have any great Thanksgiving recipes?