This rainy weather continues as it has been for the last few days…
Oh, and there is a watch for tornadoes. Great. I did manage to go for a long walk with Mr. Cyclist yesterday when it was cold and drizzling.
But, what else can you do to get workouts in when it is cold and rainy? Get on the dread-mill. Anyway, here are my treadmill workout tips to make it less of a dread:
- If it is early morning, grab some pre-workout eats. I can’t stomach as much plain water early morning, so I usually reach for something with a bit of flavor to stay hydrated.
- Have a kindle? Make the font really large and read it on the treadmill. It works! Or, if you have a smart phone, you can download the Kindle app and read on your phone if the screen is large enough.
- Download TV episodes or movies to watch on your phone or tablet of some sort.
- Grab a new magazine.
- Find a friend to workout with.
- Give yourself a treadmill interval workout that you make up to make it interesting.
- Ex: 5 minute warm-up, 3 minutes easy, 1 minute sprint, 3 minutes easy, 1:30 sprint, etc.
- Switch machines every 15-20 minutes–it decreases the boredom.
- If you are in school, bring study materials to read over. I used to do this, and I pretended that it would sink better into my brain if I was pumping blood and oxygen through my body.
- Download a new playlist. I usually go to this website to find new upbeat tunes.
Happy Monday! Do you have any other workout tips to beat boredom?