The annual psycho holiday baking has begun! Once a year around Christmastime, my Mom aka the Psycho Holiday Baker whips up about a dozen different kinds of cookies in about 1 or 2 days time.
And they are fancy cookies, too! Not just chocolate chip, or simple sugar cookies, but baked goods that take a little more skill 😉
This was just the start of our baking…
I cringed at using so much sugar, white flour, and butter. Not my style. However, I plan to whip up some healthy treats this coming weekend! These are the sinful treats. And just remember, that is what they are–treats!
On Sunday, we made:
- Chocolate melted snowmen cookies using this Tollhouse recipe as my base, and then decorated with half a Reese’s cup (see below).
- White chocolate dipped oreo*/sandwich cookie snowmen. Then, dipped in a royal light blue icing. *Try using Newman’s brand of sandwich cookies which use more natural ingredients. Also try using baking white chocolate blocks which are trans fat free!
- Peppermint chocolate chip cookies similar to this recipe, except using mini dark chocolate chips.
- Peanut butter chocolate bars. Pretty easy.
- Giada’s Holiday biscotti!
- Traditional Italian cookies like my grandmother and great-grandmother always made. Similar to this recipe.
- Jam-filled bow-tie cookies.
Earlier that day, it seemed like my cat ate all the sugar because she was climbing all over the Christmas tree!
Luckily, the tree is still standing because she only weighs about 5 pounds!
Well, today I am off to do some Christmas shopping, and then get a workout in. I will be back this week to post some healthier Christmas treats!