I love artichokes, and am always looking for new ways to cook them into my food. An added bonus is that artichokes are high in fiber (higher in fiber than many veggies)! I was inspired by a pin on Pinterest to cook pesto chicken with artichokes in foil packets. The foil packets make clean up much easier and make it easy if you want to just cook one serving.
Pesto Chicken with Artichokes
Makes 4 foil packets of chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced in half to make thin chicken breasts
- 2 cans of artichokes hearts (in water, drained)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2-1 cup pesto (I use about 2-4 Tbsp pesto per packet)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil (fresh if you have it)
- salt and pepper
- sun dried tomatoes (optional) and parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Lay out 4 large sheets of foil. Place 1 whole chicken breast on one foil sheet (this is 2 pieces since you will have sliced the breast in half). Add half of one can of artichokes to one foil packet. Add salt, pepper, seasonings, and about 2-4 Tbsp pesto. Repeat with the other 3 packets.
- Fold up the foil to make a tight seal around the chicken.
- Place the 4 folded packets in a naking dish. Bake about 30-45 minutes until cooked thoroughly.