Danny said he didn’t like it because it tasted too much like it had wine in it. I bet he just got too full from eating all that Cheez-It snack mix. That, or his lack of a refined palate.
My Dad kept yelling at him to stop snacking before dinnertime because it will ruin his appetite. I thought it funny because I am always telling my patients to grab a healthy snack before dinner to help them better portion control their dinner and not overeat. Emphasis on healthy snack like carrots and hummus or fruit and nuts.
I get what my parents meant all along. They just don’t want us filling up on foods devoid of nutrients before dinner. They want us to eat the foods that are going to get us the nutrients we need at dinnertime.
Of course we had plenty of homemade chocolate chip cookies and chocolate cake for dessert, but I won’t tempt you with those images
Instead, here are some meal planning recipe ideas for the week:
- Smoky cauliflower and white bean dip from Choosing Raw
- Baked artichoke squares from Shutterbean
- Banana bites from Neverhomemaker
- Chocolate protein bar from Bobbi McCormick
- Protein pancakes: There are tons of recipes out there, I think I will concoct my own with protein powder, egg whites, flour, milk, etc.
- Honey harvest quinoa from Liv Life
- Slow cooker vegetarian tamale pie from Clean Eating
- Shrimp and snow pea salad from Ellie Krieger