Super Seedz sent me a bunch of their flavored pumpkin seed snacks. I was super excited when they arrived at my door, and even more excited when I discovered how tasty and healthy they are.
I get tired of eating nuts all the time for my snacks, so these flavored seeds will help me add some variety to my diet.
They have spicy flavors, plain, gourmet flavors, and sweeter flavors as well.
What are Super Seedz?
They are flavored, shelled pumpkin seeds that you can eat for a snack like nuts.
These are the “cocoa joe” flavored pumpkin seeds. They only have 3 grams of sugar per serving, but taste sweet and tasty to me! My favorite so far.
*For shelled pumpkin seeds and SuperSeedz
- up to 9 grams of protein per serving
- 15% RDI for zinc (which can be hard to get if you are vegan/vegetarian)
- 15% RDI for iron (also can be a difficult nutrient to fulfill when you eat less meat)
- 60% RDI for manganese (manganese is a cofactor for a powerful antioxidant)
- Contain a specific type of vitamin E that may be more beneficial than other forms of vitamin E (more research is needed)
- Good source of lignans (a plant chemical) which acts as an antioxidant and have anti-inflammatory benefits (similar to lignans found in flax seed). You can read more here about lignans.
- Gluten free, peanut free, tree nut free
- Clean, natural ingredients
Yum yum. I love it when food is tasty and super healthy. Have you tried these yet? I am sure you could make your own version of these as well. But, SuperSeedz gets the flavor just right 😉