When my Mom makes pasta sauce, she always makes sausage and meatballs. I have always chose the meatballs–never the sausage.
Anyway, I decided to take on the task of making my own turkey meatballs!
Turkey Meatball Recipes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs of your choosing
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. onion flakes
- Pinch of dried basil, parsley, red pepper flakes, and Mrs. Dash tomato basil seasoning
- 3 or 4 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- Using a large saute pan, heat the olive oil on medium. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine and mix all the remaining ingredients with your hands.
- Form into palm sized meatballs and add to hot pan. Sear for about 3 minutes per side (until all sides are browned) with a lid on the pan to make sure the inside of the meatballs cook.
- Near the end of cooking, add some of your sauce that you are going to use to the pan. Scrape the brown bits from the pan as you add your sauce.
- Cover and simmer with the sauce for another 3 minutes.
These meatballs turned out really well because they were moist on the inside and had a crisp outer layer.
Here is the sauce I decided to use:
I don’t use that many jar sauces, but when it comes to jar sauce, I love vodka sauce because it can be a pain to make at home. And this one is all natural!
This meal is a pretty easy week-night meal. Just make sure you use a whole grain or whole wheat pasta And serve with a veggie!
Sunday Menu Planning Ideas:
- No Sugar Added Cookies
- Oatmeal Blueberry Pancakes with some ricotta perhaps
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Hot Black Bean and Salsa Dip
- Quinoa Veggie Burgers
- Tomato Gorgonzola Salad
- Grilled Vegetable and Hummus Tart
- Sinful Recipe: Cookie Bottomed Cupcakes
Reads of the Week: Why Weight Maintenance is Hard