My family is pretty serious about our Thanksgiving dinner. My Mom does most of the cooking, and always makes excellent food. She asked me to make the apple pie as usual, but also wants me to make some kind of vegetable side dish, or an appetizer at least.
I could make the same cheese ball as last year.
It was a big hit!
Or, here is some inspiration from other blogs and websites:
- Spinach Gratin from Gina’s Skinny Recipes
- Pumpkin Buttermilk Biscuits from Sweet Pea
- Pesto Rolls (buy whole wheat dough from Whole Foods, and bake with pesto!)
- Balsamic Roasted Vegetables from My Kitchen Addiction; then top with pomegranate for color
- Salad with Apples, Blue Cheese, Pecans, Red Onion
- Green beans with sun dried tomatoes, garlic, feta (we make these all the time)
- Peas with shallots from Bobby Flay
- Blue Cheese Toast with Caramelized Onions from Making Life Delicious
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Goat Cheese Balls (that look like cake pops!) from 6 Bittersweets
- Sweet potato and beet chips maybe served with hummus or a cheese
- Quinoa on crackers (not sure my family would like this though)
I will probably go with making a salad, and some other veggie side, and then probably the cheese ball, and make some sweet potato and beet chips!
What are your plans for Thanksgiving dinner?