I am a big fan of Caesar dressing, but not the 1000 calories that comes with eating most Caesar salads. I had seen some people on Pinterest making kale Caesar salads and got the idea to make my own healthy version.
Looks like I OD’d a little on croutons, haha!
Kale Caesar Salad Recipe Makes about 3-4 large servings or 6 medium servings
- 2 bunches of kale
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 of one large red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup Bolthouse Farms Caesar yogurt dressing (see pic below)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 oz. thinly sliced/chopped Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 Large handful of croutons (make sure they do not contain partially hydrogenated oils!)
- Tear the leaves of the kale away from the stem, and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the leaves. Add the remaining ingredients and toss!
- It is best to let this mixture sit for 15-30 minutes to let the flavors mix and sink in.
Tip: Add some white beans or chickpeas to this to make it a complete meal!
Here is the dressing that I used:
Yogurt dressings are a way to still eat creamy dressings and keep it healthy.
So far I have liked all of the Bolthouse yogurt dressings. This one was OK. I could definitely taste the tang of the yogurt. Some people may not like this. I got past it. But, if you haven’t eaten Greek yogurt before, you might not like this.