My boyfriend and I made homemade pizza the other night–meaning we made the dough from scratch! Ah! Crazy! I know. Not really, it is pretty easy to make dough if you have a mixer with a dough hook.
- 1/2 C. Warm Water
- 1 Packet Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/4 C. White Flour or Whole Wheat White Flour (regular whole wheat can be too dense)
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Honey
- Cooking Spray to Grease Bowl
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Crushed Garlic
- 2 Tomatoes, Sliced
- 1/4 C. Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1/2 C.- 3/4 C. Mozzarella, sliced in 1/4 in. slices
- 1/4 C. Fresh Basil, sliced
- 1/4 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese for the crust
- Pizza Sauce: 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes, 2 Tbsp. Dried Oregano, 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, 1 Tbsp. Dried Basil, 1 Tbsp. Dried Parsley, 2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes, Salt and Pepper (Combine all in a saucepan and simmer for 10 mins).
Directions (Pizza Dough Directions modified from Betty Crocker):
- Brush dough with olive oil. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on the crust. Brush the entire dough with crushed garlic.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the dough to within 1/2 inch of edge.Top with sliced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, sliced mozzarella.