Bunny cake I made a few years ago!
Quick Tips for a Healthier Easter:
- Fresh fruit is a great idea because of springtime–make a fruit bowl with melon balls which remind us of little Easter eggs.
- Healthy Candy Substitutes: Small boxes of raisins/craisins/dried blueberries, sugar-free fruity chewing gum, bunny-shaped graham crackers, mixed nuts, fruit loops cereal
- For Kids: give them things they can play with instead of so much candy like stickers, little toys, play dough, travel games etc.
- What to Avoid: Solid chocolate anything, unless it’s dark chocolate and you share with a few other people!
- Make Your own cookies- Low Fat Sugar Cookie Dough:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bake at 350 for 10 mins.
- Note: This dough will not be as firm as most, so it may not be best for cookie cutter shapes. Just decorate with icing!
- Many like to make quiches or french toast for Easter. Here are some healthy recipe links: Quiche Lorraine Light, Crust-less Mini Mushroom Sausage Quiche, Sausage Spinach Quiche, and Click Here for Healthy French Toast!
Up Next: Healthy cupcake ideas, and more healthy Easter ideas. And a recipe for how to make stuffed artichokes.