I am a ketchup lover. So, since sloppy Joe’s are primarily made with a ketchup sauce, I love them. And sloppy Joe’s can be a healthy quick dinner–just a little messy.
- 16-20 oz. lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup ketchup (I don’t measure. I just squeeze some in until it seems a little saucy)
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard (must be yellow mustard, or it won’t come out right)
- 3 Tbsp. reduced sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- In a large saute pan, cook the chopped onions until lightly golden.
- Add ground turkey, and break apart with spatula.
- Add ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, and garlic powder. I don’t measure, I just go by taste and what looks right.
And that’s about it! It’s so easy and delicious. I use whole wheat buns to serve it with, and have a vegetable side like broccoli dipped in light ranch. It reminds me of being a kid.