I don’t like to get stuck in a situation where I don’t have healthy food options available to me (unless I am prepared to eat something less healthy, then that is OK). Preparation and planning is the key for overall healthy nutrition. I am about to take a long international flight (more on that later), so I stocked up on some healthy airplane travel snacks and goodies:
Going counter clockwise from top:
- Essential Eating sproutedwhole wheat and olive oil pretzels (good to calm nauseous stomachs and easy to travel with). Healthier than your average pretzel.
- Packet of Justin’s almond butter (love these because they are super duper portable way to still enjoy almond butter)
- 100 calorie Health Warrior Chia bar: It’s pretty small… but, good source of a few healthy fats. Made of chia seeds mainly, oats, some peanut butter, and brown rice.
- Go Raw Spirulina Energy bar: I have had the little bite size pieces before, but not the “bar”. It is a little wacky, but taste slightly sweet with a nice sesame flavor.
- Trail mix from Trader Joe’s: Cashews, almonds, raisins, and walnuts! Always need to bring some nuts for traveling.
- Dried blueberries: This packet is only 130 calories, and they are fun to eat. Crunchy and flavorful (and dehydrated so it is plane safe).
- Think Thin bars: for some protein if needed
- Lara Bar: Could be part of a breakfast the morning my flight gets in. Lara bars are pretty much a pureed trail mix compacted into a bar. Pure fruit and nuts–nothing else.
I am not going bring every single bit of the snacks you see. I have put some of them into smaller baggies so they are compacted more. Most I will bring in my carry-on. And the rest of the trail mix and a bar will go in my checked luggage.
This was the current state of my packing about 1 day ago…
All lined up against the bedroom wall. So, I better go and get organized. See ya later!