It is already in the mid to low 90′s here in Atlanta, and it is not even Summer yet! Warm weather makes me crave more fruits and veggies. A strawberry spinach salad was the perfect thing for the 95 degree weather.
- 4-6 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 pint strawberries, thinly sliced or cut into small pieces
- 1/4 of a red onion, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup feta or Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup poppy-seed dressing
- I used store-bought dressing, but you can make your own with olive oil, poppy-seeds, mustard flour, diced yellow onions, onion powder, white and apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
Toss everything together, and you’re done! I ate mine with some Triscuits and cottage cheese to make more of a meal out of it.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 321 calories, 26 g fat, 17 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein, excellent source of vitamin A, C, folate, magnesium, and riboflavin.