Good morning, Monday…
I am obsessed with Ezekiel English muffins. You can find them in the freezer bread section. They are very hearty, have great texture, and are healthy! Ezekiel products are made from sprouted grains which makes them have higher vitamin and mineral contents.
Today, had an egg with tomato basil cream cheese on the English muffin and some strawberries and a banana on the side.
On to my Trader Joe’s finds…
They had these new dark chocolate power-berries:
I picked them up thinking that they were dried fruit covered with dark chocolate. Wrong!
Fruit juices processed into a chewy center, then covered with dark chocolate that is not very high quality. Basically, glorified candy that is a pinch healthier than most candy. Oh well, I tried.
Then, I picked up some dark chocolate covered almonds:
Love these! The chocolate is not processed with alkali, so you do get some nutrition from these. Plus, you get all the health benefits of eating almonds. These are a healthier indulgence They taste great too–the chocolate coating is quite thick.
Meal Planning Monday ideas:
- Sweet Potato Pasta with Kale from How Sweet It Is
- Quinoa Mac & Cheese from Around the Table
- Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Parfait from Epicurean Mom
- Banana Oatmeal Smoothie from Chiquita Banana
- Quinoa, Black Bean, Avocado Salad from Clean Eating Machine
- Dijon Chicken with Artichokes and Mushrooms from Good Clean Fun
- Chicken Cashew Lettuce Wraps from She Wears Many Hats