I have been experimenting with various protein muffins that are high in fiber, contain some protein, and are made with 100% clean ingredients.
I call them oaties because they are not really muffins. A baker would cringe at the thought of these being muffins. They are basically oats, coconut, and chocolate! Yum!
I came up with this deliciousness:
I honestly do not know the measurements that I used. Sometimes I just throw ingredients into a bowl. I know… this is a baking sin. :-/
I will update with a more accurate recipe when I do this again. But, for now, here are the ingredients:
- Coconut flour (approx 1/4-1/3 cup)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut (1/2-3/4 cup)
- 2 small scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- Old fashioned oats (about 1/2-3/4 cup)
- 1-2 tsp stevia xylitol blend
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp. almond meal
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1-2 Tbsp. egg white
- Milk of your choice (about 1/2 cup)
- Dark chocolate chunks or chips with 60% cacao at least (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cups or silicon ones. Something like these works well.
- Combine your dry ingredients, and then add your wet ingredients.
- Mix in your chocolate chips. Pour into muffin tin (this will make about 9 oaties).
- Bake about 20 minutes until golden.
I like that they are high in fiber due to the coconut, and contain balanced macronutrients: good fats, carbohydrates, and proteins! Perfect!
Up next, I will post my recipe for carrot oaties with a hefty dose of vitamin A 🙂