I was craving some tasty spinach and artichoke dip, but decided to try to make a healthy broccoli and cheese dip since I had more of those ingredients at home anyway.
Let’s get to it!
- 1.5 pounds frozen broccoli
- 1-2 tsp. garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (reduced fat if you like)
- 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp. feta cheese
- 2-4 Tbsp. reduced fat cream cheese
- garlic and onion powder
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Roast broccoli on a baking sheet in the oven at 425 for about 20 minutes until the broccoli gets crispy. During the final minutes of roasting, add the shallots and garlic and salt and pepper.
- Remove from oven, and place broccoli on a cutting board. Chop cooked broccoli into big chunks.
- In a 9 x 9 baking dish, add the broccoli, and all of the cheeses. Add the onion powder, garlic powder, and spices. Reserve the parmesan cheese, and a little cheddar cheese for the top of the dish.
- Stir the mixture in the baking dish, and spread evenly. Top with the reserved cheeses.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, then broil for 2-3 minutes.
This dip definitely tastes lighter, but it still has a lot of flavor because the broccoli is roasted first. I ate some of it with a fork because there is so much broccoli. There is definitely more broccoli than there is cheese. Mr Cyclist says if this dip were an option in a restaurant, he would order it. So, I guess it passes the taste test!