After going to two of my friend’s bridal showers, and being stuffed with desserts and food, I must tell you the best food of all: million dollar pie. Too bad it’s not actually worth a million dollars or anything. But, it sure does taste good.
It was delicious! The pie had a citrus, pineapple lemon flavor, and the filling was partially frozen so it tasted like ice cream. Great for the hot summer day. Ok, so this is not a healthy dessert. But, I am absolutely sure you could make a healthier version.
Healthier Million Dollar Pie:
No bake ; Makes 8-9″ size pies
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, in 100% juice, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 cups whipped cream (you can make your own or I recommend Whole Food’s light whipped cream)
- lemon curd for topping (see image above)
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup graham crackers or a vanilla wafer type of cookie (try to get whole grain)
- For the crust, put all ingredients into a food processor and blend less than a minute. Ingredients should still be a little coarse.
- Press down into pie pan.
- For filling, mix all together except lemon curd and whipped cream. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into pie crust. Top with lemon curd.
*Note: I recommend freezing these pies when you finish making them. They taste better when frozen and then thawed slightly.
Thanks to my food models, my sister, Caitlin and her boyfriend, Gianni. Silly.
For the first bridal shower, I made pimento cheese sandwiches, which my little brother and boyfriend enjoyed more. Of course. If you are bringing food to a bridal shower, I would recommend some kind of dip, or the fruit was a hit, or anything that requires one to two bites only. I guess us girls can’t commit to any food that requires more than a few bites at a time in fear that we will get stuck in deep conversation!