I randomly took a few pictures of the inside of my fridge. I did not rearrange a thing. I just snapped away. A lot of people are always curious to know what’s inside a Dietitian’s fridge. Well, here’s your chance to see. Nothing super exciting, and no, I am not perfect in my ability to stock a super healthy fridge. You must remember that I live with a 6′ 3″ triathlete.
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Corn Syrupy Grape jelly: My boyfriend uses it. I prefer a lower sugar jelly.
- Well-Educated Balance
- Leftover Whole Wheat Noodles
- Yogurt: All different kinds
- 8 Blocks of Cabot Cheese: Cabot sent me a ton of reduced fat cheeses to use for my supermarket shopping tours.
- Eggs: Perfect cheap quality protein that can be used for all sorts of recipes
- Skim milk, light mayo, almond butter, dried cranberries, fruits, and veggies…
- Leftover Chinese: Hot and Sour Soup! Delicious!
- Tequila, Gin, White Wine
The Fridge Door
- Frozen Broccoli: Our go-to vegetable
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Fish Sticks: A healthier version
- Frozen Berries: For smoothies mainly
- More frozen vegetables
- Ice Cream Sandwiches: I love ice cream, and I try not to keep a huge tub of ice cream around all the time. I just don’t like all the junk they put in most lighter ice creams. So, these ice cream sandwiches are a pretty good dessert choice. They have about 150 calories, about 5 grams fat, 12 grams sugar (not too bad for a dessert!). And they are delicious.
- Orange and Lime Concentrate: My boyfriend uses this to make daiquiris sometimes, but we rarely ever use it.
- Light English Muffins
- Ice packs for bringing my lunch to work
- Frozen Ground Beef
- More Frozen Vegetables
- Phyllo Dough for making Spanakopita months ago
- 1 no sugar added fudgsicle left!
I have realized that my fridge is kind of a mess. I am the kind of person that loves everything to be neat, organized, and clean. It makes me feel calm and collected. I think I just gave up trying to be perfect because my boyfriend just gets things messy after I clean-up. Sorry, it’s true. And I have just learned to not be so rigid. I just don’t care as much as I used to.
I hope you’ve enjoyed peeking into my fridge. What’s in your fridge?