These are the easiest protein pancakes that I have ever made. They do get a little crumbly because they are only 3 ingredients. But, the taste is still great, and they are very filling due to the high protein and fiber content. I will also give you options of other ingredients you can add to enhance the texture and flavor.
3 Ingredient Protein Pancakes
Makes 1 serving of 4 medium pancakes
- 1.5 scoops of a good quality grass-fed whey protein (sweetened with stevia is preferable)
- about 1/4 cup coconut flour
- about 2 Tbsp. brown rice flour
Other ingredients you could add if you have on hand:
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder to help rise
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg
- Preheat a griddle plan on medium heat. I use butter to coat the plan (you can use whatever you prefer to coat the pan).
- Meanwhile, combine all of your ingredients, and add enough water to moisten to the consistency of a thicker pancake batter. Make sure to keep the consistency a little thicker and not too runny or it will not work right.
- Add four dollops of the batter onto the pan, and flip when start to see steam.
This is what they looked like when I first flipped them. But, I recommend flipping them over one last time to make sure they are cooked.
Top with a drizzle of local honey, or real maple syrup! Sometimes I like to put nut butter on top for a healthy fat source.
Approx Nutrition Facts: (for 4 pancakes): 400 calories, 41 g protein, 10 g fat, 26 g net carbohydrates.
I love how much protein these have because sometimes it is very difficult for me to get my protein in my day. So, it is a good way to start the day off right!