I call this Mexi-chicken because I don’t really know what to call it! Haha.
It is very simple–mostly a can of Rotel, seasonings, and chicken! Super easy and great for weeknight meals.
I added my chicken on top of a bed of lettuce and added avocado. But, you could also use a tortilla and make tacos. Whatever you prefer!
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken
- 4 small-medium chicken breasts (about 1 lb.) TIP: It is OK if your chicken is still frozen; it will cook perfectly
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 yellow onion, sliced (I forgot to add to mine this last time!)
- 1-2 tsp. olive oil
- 1-2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. chili pepper seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. of your favorite hot sauce if you like it extra spicy OR add 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (minced)
- salt and pepper
- Turn your slow cooker on high.
- Add all of your ingredients to the slow cooker. Cook for about 30 minutes, then turn to low, and continue to cook about 5-6 more hours.
- Shred your chicken with two forks. Turn down to the keep warm setting. Serve when ready!