This is one of my new favorite recipes. Yum-O! I probably like it so much because I loaded it up with pepperoni which I haven’t eaten in a few years at least!
The best (and healthiest) part about it is that there is no white flour–cauliflower and extra vegetables only. It is a great way to load up on veggies, but still feeling like you are eating something sinfully delicious.
Cauliflower Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
- 2 bags of frozen cauliflower (about 12 oz. each)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour (or whatever flour you prefer)
- 8 oz. part skin mozzarella
- 1 package natural pepperoni* (Hormel Natural Choice or Applegate)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 of a small onion
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano, parsley, basil combined
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
*I get the natural, chemically free of preservatives pepperoni. It is still pepperoni, but not so processed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Meanwhile, thaw your frozen cauliflower. Pour out extra water and pat dry.
- In a large food processor, add the cauliflower, flour, spices, seasonings, garlic, onion, about 1/3 of your cheese, and 1/3 of your pepperoni. The rest will be for the topping.
- Process those ingredients until there are no large chunks. The consistency should be mealy, and mostly smooth.
- In a medium size baking dish, pour in your cauliflower mixture. Top with remaining shredded mozzarella cheese, and then remaining pepperoni.
- Bake about 25 minutes until golden brown.
Super tasty! I baked some turkey meatballs for an addition to the meal.
Approx Nutrition Facts: (6 servings per recipe; facts for 1/6th of recipe) 214 calories, 11 grams fat, 16 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams fiber, 13.5 grams protein. And 60% of your daily value for vitamin C!