Valentine’s Day is not one of my favorite Holidays although it is nice and sweet. Any excuse to celebrate something is a happy time.
So, I woke up this morning to a knock on the door. Apparently someone sent me flowers, but I am still not exactly sure who. I am almost positive it was my Mom because she asked for my address a few days ago. But, the card was from some random family that I don’t know and the package did have my name on it. Oh well. They are pretty flowers!
My Mom aka the psycho Holiday baker was at it again for Valentine’s Day. Baking up a storm. Poor thing ended up spilling a few pounds of sugar all over the floor. Sucks.
She made some pretty purple frosting cookies too. And she made light and fluffy oatmeal cookies with frosting. Who knew oatmeal cookies could be light and airy!? I am sure she just used extra butter to get this result…
Anyway, I am not sure about my Valentine’s Day dinner plans, but I think Mr Triathlete and I will make a tasty dinner!
Here are some last minute healthy dinner/dessert ideas:
- Giada’s Strawberry Trifle
- Giada’s Clams Oreganata
- Eating Well’s Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
- Eating Well’s Shrimp Risotto
- Eating Well’s Almond and Lemon Crusted Fish
- Cooking Light’s Rosemary Shrimp Scampi Skewers
- Sonoma Diet’s Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Fit Sugar’s Polenta Hearts
- Wing-It Vegan’s Creative Chocolate Dipped Strawberries